2011年11月24日

Declaration of adult ceremony on my 20th birthday


Today is my 20th birthday.
I'm already 20. I feel I'm an old man the first time in my life.

All the students of senior Grade Two will take coming-of-age oath, I hate this formal stuff so I hide into the toilet that morning. In the eye of the law a person is a minor until he is eighteen years of age, but Chinese teen-agers can't be independent even after 23. So I swear the adulat oath today.
From this day on, I'm not a child but a youth, I'm not a boy but a  man. Man, what a great noun! I can whatch the AV and go to the place of recreation freely, become I'm an adult. Oh yeah!

And this is my solemn pledge:
I will be gentle, be good and be positive upward in a future time. What has passed, just let it be the memory.
Don't be assailed with doubts and failures, everything starting from ground zero and everything will be OK.
I should be strong, whatever will happen, I will must face the facts bravely. Starting from today, to be a optimistic, self-confidence and sunny man. From today on, do good deeds as much as possible, and look after my parents now and then. And seeks the pleasure, looks at in the life good one side, don't be sad, don't be painful and don't care too much on others any more.

It's not too late no matter when to start. It was not until Daniel·Defoe was sixty that he started to write "Robinson Crusoe", and he did it. So get a move on right now!

Three kind of personalities struggled in my heart since the first semester of senior high school, one is crazy and decadent, the second kind is calm and leisurely, and the last kind is transcendent and willful. I thought it over and make up my mind now! - I choose the last one. I want to be a free and unfettered jerk. I want to be ture Jack Rubbish. Yeah, I got it!

Maybe it is impossible to me temporarily. but I will do it slowly. This is I. I must be able to!


Jack Rubbish
published in Summer 2007, Sina Blog
translate into English, 2011-11-18 21:14


Above the content does not have arbitrarily to reprint without myself permission, thanks!

没有评论:

发表评论