2011年11月17日

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)


Breaking Dawn was the best novel in the Twilight series penned by Stephanie Mayer and as I found out a little while ago Twilight Sage - Breaking Dawn Part-I might be the best movie of the lot till date. The hallmark of Twilight series is the simplicity of the plot with a great emphasis on romance, and with generous bits of vampires and werewolves thrown in together. As a Harry Potter aficionado I at first didn't like the overtly simple tone of the novels (I still think Twilight would have turned into a work of art had a writer of J.K Rowling's caliber worked on it)but the intrigues of the Bella, Edward and Jacob trinity finally roped me in.

As any reader would know the movie starts with Bella and Edward getting married. I have seen a lot of movie weddings but I think this one would take the cake. The wedding scenes were simply spectacular and so was the locales selected for shooting. I could see the ladies in the theater practically drooling as the sight of such magnificence. Its a girl's dream come true - marrying the man of their dreams in a fantasy wedding and honeymoon and getting an awesome family too - At 18??. Which girl doesn't dream of it (or so my wife says).

Then the drama started. The kids did some acting for a change. I am not saying that I saw Brando,Pacino and Hepburn in action here but given the storyline and tween premise of the movie I would say they did well. Lets give them credit. They have been playing these characters for a while now. Anyway, I wouldn't give away the story as I am sure a lot of non-readers would be watching the movie so I ask them to go and find out for themselves. Anybody can sense that part two will be a lot more action packed as I think the book envisages a Deathly Hallows and The Return of the King kind of finale. Its not in the 'Godfather' category but I'm sure even non-fans will not begrudge some praise for this one. Its a couple of hours of solid entertainment(even in the mid-east with heavy editing). So go and watch it.


16 November 2011 | by Samrat Raychaudhuri (Oman)  

没有评论:

发表评论