2011年12月25日

Emma Watson reveals her future in acting is 'uncertain' and that she has 'no use' for her millions

 
Actress Emma Watson poses on the press line at the premiere of the animated feature film
at 'The Tale of Despereaux' premiere in LA. Watson is unsure acting is the right career for her
Harry Potter star  has threatened to turn her back on stardom - because she wants a 'normal' teenage life, she revealed today.
The actress, 18, shot to fame aged just nine when she was chosen to play Hermione Granger in the big screen adaptions of JK Rowling's fantasy novels.
But despite amassing a reported £10 million fortune - and becoming Hollywood's highest paid actress under 21 - Emma say she is 'uncertain' that her future lies in acting.
Speaking on Sunday, the young star - who never went to drama school - said she still didn't know if acting was 'the right thing' for her.
She said: "It's weird because I've always felt uncertain that acting is what I wanted to do, especially compared to Dan (Radcliffe) and Rupert (Grint).
'I think that's because I was nine years old when I was given the part without even going to acting school.
'Just because this has happened to me doesn't necessarily mean it's the right thing.
'I didn't know I wanted to be an actress, they just found me out of nowhere. So it's taken me a little while to work out that this was what I wanted to do - well, for now.'
She went on: 'I've come from a background of lawyers and academics. We didn't watch films in our household.
'I mean, I had no idea who Maggie Smith or Gary Oldman or any of these people were.
'So I'm educating myself by watching more films and becoming very passionate about them. But it doesn't necessarily mean I'll be acting forever.'

 
- who is set to start university in America in September - also claimed she is uncomfortable with her £10 million fortune.
The star, who still lives at home in Oxford with her mum Jacqueline and younger brother Alex, says she has 'no use' for her millions.
The A-list actress claims she wants a normal life - preferring to spend the night at the cinema with friends.
She said: 'Why would someone my age need this much money? Let's face it, I don't really have any use for it.
Watson in HArry Potter with co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint. She admits that she has 'no use' for the millions earned from the film series
Watson in HArry Potter with co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint. She admits that she has 'no use' for the millions earned from the film series
'It may sound weird, but I just want to be like my friends and they don't have that kind of money.
'So if they are going to the cinema, I go to the cinema. I try to live a regular life, but it's not always easy.
'But I believe school and my family have kept me very grounded.'  Despite longing for a normal life, the actress has been linked with a host of celebrities including Harry Potter co-star Daniel Radcliffe and Razorlight singer Johnny Borrell.
And she admits that - like many other teenage girls - she is bemused by the etiquette of dating, especially on who should pay for a meal.
'I don't think women know what they want anymore - I certainly don't,' she said.
'I don't know whether I want a nice guy to pay because that's a nice thing to do or whether I want to be an independent woman and pay for myself.
'I'm genuinely confused about the whole thing.'
 

没有评论:

发表评论