2011年12月28日

Why Hollywood drives me insane with its dieting and looks obsession, by Emma Watson


Speaking out: Emma Watson on Hollywood
Speaking out: Emma Watson on Hollywood
It is traditionally the place where every starlet heads to seek fame and fortune.
But at 21 Emma Watson already has both of those in abundance and sees little need to relocate to Los Angeles.
The actress, who plays Hermione in the Harry Potter films, has admitted she was put off by Hollywood's obsession with dieting and looks.
She told Harper's Bazaar magazine: 'Los Angeles scares the c**p out of me.
'I feel if I have to work out four hours a day, and count the calories of everything I put in my mouth, and have Botox at 22, and obsess about how I look the whole time, I will go mad. I will absolutely lose it.'
Miss Watson moved to the U.S. two years ago to begin a course reading English at Brown University in Rhode Island, saying she became 'claustrophobic' in England and felt she would not be able to concentrate on her academic life if she studied here.
But earlier this year she said she was postponing her studies in the run-up to the premiere of the final Harry Potter movie to focus on her acting career and modelling work.
Fellow Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has admitted he had become teetotal because the celebrity lifestyle had left him reliant on drink, but Miss Watson said she avoided such a situation because she didn't want to bother her divorced parents.
She said: 'I couldn't imagine giving my family any more trouble - it's already been complicated enough.
'My dad is one of the top international communications lawyers in the country, and trying to argue with him was a nightmare, so I learnt quite quickly to be good with words.
Watson found fame as Hermione in Harry Potter but was put off by Hollywood's obsession with dieting and looks
Watson found fame as Hermione in Harry Potter but was put off by Hollywood's obsession with dieting and looks
'My mum is an incredible woman. She moved back from Paris with my brother and me after the divorce, and worked full-time, supporting both of us.
'But I felt I wanted to take care of her - I didn't want to give her a hard time.'
The final Potter movie, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows (Part II), has its UK premiere in London tomorrow. In one scene Hermione kisses Ron Weasley, played by Rupert Grint, and appearing on ITV's Daytime programme yesterday Miss Watson described it as the 'most anticipated kiss in history'.
'We've been building tension to this moment for eight movies,' she said, adding that both she and Grint felt the pressure. 'We were like, “People have been really waiting for this moment, and we've really got to pull this off”. And I was like, “Yes, I know. What are we going to do?”'
But she concluded: 'I think we did all right.'
Miss Watson told ITV's Daybreak presenter Kate Garraway about the trials of Hollywood
Miss Watson told ITV's Daybreak presenter Kate Garraway about the trials of Hollywood

Standing between Daniel Radcliffe, left, and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) she described her kiss with the latter as the 'most anticipated kiss in history'
Standing between Daniel Radcliffe, left, and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) she described her kiss with the latter as the 'most anticipated kiss in history'


没有评论:

发表评论