2011年12月12日

Adam Lambert: 'Being Gay is Not a Choice'

gave another great interview, per usual. This time around, Adam is featured in Entertainment Weekly where he opens up about his highly anticipated new album, Trespassing, fashion, and how his music has evolved; but it's what Adam said about being gay that stood out the most, at least to me. He doesn't mince his words.
Adam Lambert on Joe Zee
On being gay: “I mean, it’s a tough life. And contrary to popular belief, it’s not a f—ing choice.”
On his fashion sense today: I’ve kind of started to tone it down in the respect that [my look] is not as flashy now. It’s still different and avant-garde, but it’s a bit more chic; a bit more designer as opposed to Vegas. I’d love to work on my own fashion line, accessory line, shoes or something, but obviously right now I’m focused on my music.
On his new song “Outlaws of Love”: Love is such a beautiful thing. When you’re lucky enough to find love it’s one of the greatest feelings in the world. And the particular challenge for gay people, and particularly gay men, from my perspective, is [that] monogamy and true love works. Because we are brought up in a society that tells us it’s wrong.
On Trespassing: “The style [on the new album] is a little bit evolved. I think the last album I was trying to update the style of the late ‘70s, early ‘80s with the glam rock and with rock music on a whole visually and aesthetically. I think this album is more in the direction of contemporary again. It’s fresh and it’s something people maybe haven’t heard before. Lyrically, it’s very honest and
real. We’ve been trying to take great songs and then as far as the production and the sonic nature of them, we try to give them a funk sensibility. I think it’s a really cool new sound.”
Adam's first single, "Better Than I Know Myself," is scheduled to drop this month.
, Adam promises that the song is upbeat! Adam is such a great role model. He contradicts stereotypes by reminding people that not all gay men are promiscuous. His honesty and raw talent make him a rarity in pop music and Hollywood, which is so refreshing. Don't ever change!

没有评论:

发表评论